Sunday, March 9, 2014

Online shopping in Abidjan

I am starting to adjust to life in Attiekeland, but the thing I really miss is shopping.  No kind of shopping is immune.  I miss farmer's markets, Craigslist, and online shopping.  I know I am being shallow, but I refuse to apologize for my lack of depth!
Facebook has realized that I both miss shopping and now live in Attiekeland and decided to come to the rescue with an ad for Jumia!  
I was skeptical at first but after doing a bit of research, it looks like www.jumia.ci is legit.  The platform exists in a number of African countries and is owned by Rocket Internet, a German e-commerce giant that owns Zalando.  The Ivorian office is even hiring (http://www.jumia.ci/carrieres/).
I haven't ordered anything yet, but I saw decent prices for refrigerators, and other appliances.  I am not 100% sure how it works yet, but I'll let you guys know as soon as I find out...



5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this excellent info! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, awesome site! Keep it up! I will be difinatley be coming back in the near future =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I don't have words to describe this post. I simply want to say that absolutely informative post. It inspires me a lot. Keep posting.
    Herbal Potpourri

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much.
    online shopping

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment